Blocking and replacement of pirated Dr.Web key files
- Software usage license — authorization in the form of a transfer whereby the Rights Holder (its licensee or sublicensee) transfers to the End User the non-exclusive right to use the Software by reproducing it in a way that is limited to installing, launching, and.
- Software license owner (End User) — a natural or legal person who has paid the Rights Holder (or its licensee or sublicensee) for a copy of the Software or for the acquisition of the non-exclusive right to use the Software, and who has registered (directly or via a third party) the respective Software copy’s serial number on the Rights Holder's website and provided their contact information and other required data, within a period of time and under the conditions defined by the Rights Holder.
- Pirate is an individual who uses the software without a license, including the cases of using the software with an expired or revoked license.
- A Dr.Web key file is blocked in the following cases:
- The key file is known to be used on a number of machines that exceeds the quantity specified in the key file.
- The key fie is found to be available to the public on the Internet;
- The key file has been obtained through fraudulent operations with electronic license payment systems.
- The legal user of commercial license for Dr.Web Home Security Suite and Dr.Web Retail Security Suite (in a box) is entitled to exchange a pirated key file fora legal one only once free of charge during the term of the license. Read more>>
- The legal user of commercial license for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite (including Dr.Web Office Shield) is entitled to exchange three times for free the pirate key file for legal during the term of the license.
For this contact your license supplier or Doctor Web technical support and submit the proof of your purchase (copy of your license cerificate, or paid invoice, or confirmation of payment from an online store).
- Key files for non-commercial licenses as well as for OEM licenses cannot be replaced.
- If the license expires in 30 days or fewer, the key file won't be replaced. The license must be either renewed or expanded.